How to Action! These are the rules!
- Don’t overthink!
- Just start. Plan will get you nowhere, take that first step! No matter how small it is.
- Forget perfection. Just get going.
- Focus on the important action. Pick one, focus on that. Clear all distractions.
- Move slowly and consciously.
- Take small steps. Each step is a victory and will bring further victories.
- Positive thinking!
- Meeting, talking, planning, reading, are not actions! Do the things!
- Think again if it’s necessary thing to do.
How to complete tasks?
- Keep the scope as simple as possible. Take a small thing as possible.
- Practice “Good Enough”. Perfectionism is the enemy. Done is better than right. Screw it and try for good enough. Make it batter in the next version.
- Kill extra features. Simplifying the scope.
- Make it public quickly. Don’t worry about perfect. Make it better then.
How to overcoming biggest obstacle to create?
- Distraction: Clear them away. Focus on tools, equipment that we need to work.
- Fantasies about how easy and nice the creation. It’s not! It will be hard and messy but we should be grateful for the opportunity.
- Fear of failure. How do you ever get good if you don’t try? You have to suck for a long time. We have to have fun to enjoy everything that will happen. Play with it. Get it better little by little.
- Discomfort with the difficulty. It is discomfort to face confusion. Just feel it, accept it, realise that it will be okay, keep going.
- Perfectionism. Embrace shitty first draft. Edit anything later.
- Urge to switch. Use timer. Feel the urge but stay there.
- Interruptions. Go somewhere quite.
- Not enough time. Do it for a short time, really short, 5 minutes. Add 5 minutes, add another….
- Being tired. We can work even if we tired, we just need to really want it, badly.
- Negative self-talk. Paying attention. Shine some lights. Force to stay.